Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happenings of May

Early May we packed up and headed to AZ.  Brad ended up having a training class in Mesa, roughly 5 miles from my parents house.  I thought it was totally unfair that he got to visit my family and I didn't.  Plus my parents are leaving on a mission in June (to Australia) and I wanted to see them one more time. Then while we were being indecisive we found out that they would pay for Brad to drive and not fly.  That convinced me, an essentially free trip to see my family - DONE. 

We had a great time.  We stayed with my sisters family - thanks Beth and my kids fell in love with her kids, even though they are several years older.  They were so sweet.  They played hide 'n go seek, taught them how to play the wii, and play tag for much longer than I would have. 

We celebrated Hunter's birthday while we were there.  He is 5.  I mentioned this when Madde turned 5, but its the age where they are no longer a baby.  He is my big boy and I have to face it.  He is so sweet and calm.  He definitely prefers to observe than be involved, but he will talk your ear off if there's something exciting he wants to tell you about.  He's all boy and loves cars, balls, scooters and his ipod.  For the first time we were around alot of family on a birthday and decided to take advantage of it.  We had a family pool party.  We even took pictures (okay, it was really Brad).

I love his face, he was so excited once he figured out he got a new Cars swimming suit.
 That squirter toy has become one of his favorites, its so easy to use and squirts really far.

While we were there we also went to a dairy farm, park, fed the ducks, Grandma and Grandpas, the temple visitor center (with the DQ trip afterwards - ah traditions), and lots of swimming.

We got back just in time for all the end of the school year parties.  The last week involves water day, game day, puzzle day, movie day (okay that was everyday), and of course the class party.  Tuesday is officially the last day of school (our school system is stupid about planning for snow days - anybody else complain about their child's school?)  Its a half day - they are watching a movie - so of course Madde is stoked to go.  Her teacher was awesome, she's moving to third grade and I'm hoping we get her again in a few years.

Hunter finished preschool last Thursday.  They had his party at Red light Green light.  Its a cute place with these different imagination stations - store, farm, exercise (they had kid stationary bikes  - adorable), science, cafe, and craft.  Both boys were pretty grumpy.  Dayton wasn't feeling well and Hunter didn't want to leave my side, so it was somewhat a wash for us.  Hunter wouldn't even walk up to his teacher to get his diploma - stinker.  He has loved preschool and while I'm so excited for him to move to kindergarten, I'm bummed he won't have Ms. Lauri any more.

We are looking forward to summer.  Sleeping in, family vacations, lots of fun.  Usually at the start of the summer me and the kids make a list of all the fun things we want to do.  I'm looking forward to seeing what that list holds this year.

1 comment:

ede said...

Growing up too fast!