Sunday, April 29, 2012

Completely caught up - Woohoo

So, after Christmas our life is fairy mundane.  Not to be confused with quiet or boring, just mundane.  Madde started piano lessons and is progressing faster than I would have thought.  Hunter continued preschool.  Dayton continued his therapy (OT, PT, Vision, Speech, Hippo and a Developmental Specialist).  Brad recovered from surgery, returned to light-duty early February and full duty early March.  I just tried to keep it all together.

Playing with Christmas presents (photos courtesy of Madde)

 I love this picture.  Not only is Madde doing her photography thing, but see how happy Dayton is?  He LOVES his siblings and is so excited to play with them.
 The infamous trampoline.  The kids love it.


So, I'm pretty sure my kids are convinced the garage is a magical place.  Anything Dad does in the garage is fun and they are constantly asking Brad if they can help.  (Plus, with Dad outside they can ride their scooters whenever they get bored - bonus)  This is Brad showing them how to clean a gun.  I love how they each have a little brush and a gun part and are concentrating so hard.  Plus, Brad's old shirts on them just adds to the adorable effect.


Easter
Easter at our house involves a trip to the store for a few bags of plastic eggs and some candy, a night filling said eggs, and 5 minute hunt.  Usually I either have a baby not sleeping through the night or I am hugely pregnant, so out of necessity its always been a bit subdued.  Because of that, my kids have never died eggs.  What kind of childhood is that!  We rectified that this year.  It was so fun.  They loved dropping the eggs in, waiting "forever" til the eggs got dark, then fishing them out.  Brad even introduced them to dying each end of the egg a separate color.  They were amazed and insisted on attempting it.  Such a blast and in my true fashion, not one photo was taken. 

We celebrate the fun part of Easter on Saturday so that we can spend Sunday focusing on the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Because of that, my kids treat Easter Saturday like Christmas.  They are up early opening their Easter bags (always sent by Grandma - thank you Ede), just like stockings.  They play with the toys, beg us to eat a little of the candy before eating breakfast, and then finally after breakfast we head downstairs for our egg hunt.  They always use the bags sent by Grandma for the hunt.  Crazy traditions, but fun nonetheless.


 Dayton thought the whole egg hunt was funny.

 My sweet Madde turned 7 in April.  I love her and think she is amazing, beautiful, smart, fun, kind, hilarious, energetic.  She is starting to have the funniest opinions.  We were allowed to bring a snack to school on her birthday, but she thought that cupcakes were just too boring.  She wanted rice krispi treats, peppermint bark rice krispi treats.  She also did not want a cake, instead she opted for Krispi Kreme Donuts.  Silly girl.  Happy Birthday.




3 comments:

Shelly said...

Yea!!! Love seeing what you are up to! Can't wait to see you guys in July :)

Michelle said...

I love your family picture at the top of your blog!! It may be old and I'm just unobservant, but it's great nonetheless!

ede said...

thanks for the great up date