Sunday, September 19, 2010

The rest of the update

I was all proud of myself for finally blogging about Hawaii, until I realized that was over 2 months ago. So, I guess I should update everyone on life after Hawaii.

My sister-in-law, Nicci, and her 2 sons, Austin and Tanner came for a visit in July. We loved having them. Hunter rarely has a boy his age to play with and he couldn't get enough. Whenever we drove anywhere he would constantly ask if Austin was behind us. When we arrived, he would hop out and him and Austin would meet and do a happy dance. It was so cute. We were sad to see them go and are trying to find a time to visit them.We took this picture because Dayton was actually sitting quietly in Brad's lap. But it turned into a cute photo session with Daddy and his kids.

Playing dress-up. This is a photo for the ages. Brad's trying to convince me this is a wrestling jersey, but I've never seen a wrestling jersey with sequins.

I thought Hunter was on the verge of giving up his nap, so we went several days without one. This is the result. Must be really tired to crash on the tile.
Madde started school mid-August. I love that her backpack is bigger than she is. She was so excited. She marched onto the bus without even a look back. She loves school, her favorite subject so far is recess, but I think PE and library are a close second.

This picture was taken for Dayton's therapist. He actually sat in his chair for 20 minutes (its huge for Dayton). He usually tips sideways or back until I have to rescue him, so for him to stay vertical for so long shows a huge progress in his muscle control.
The many faces of Dayton.


For a Dayton update. In July we went to a doctor's appointment where they realized he has not grown (weight, height, or head circumference) in 6 months. So we started our next round of doctor's appointments only this time with the feeding clinic and GI specialist. They gave us special formula and crazy calorie dense food and told us to up the protein he eats. (Way easier said then done) Our therapist thinks he might have reflux, so she is trying to get a swallow study scheduled. For our part we started a NAET doctor in hopes of solving the problem. He's continues to struggle to develop and is still having problems with his vision- both are brain related. The speech therapist just reevaluated him, he's at about a 3 month speech level. He shows small signs of progress and we are hopeful and just keep giving him time. For his part, Dayton is just so sweet. He loves to giggle. If anyone comes into his detection sphere, he smiles, squirms, and giggles. He has the funniest belly laugh and will have us laughing so hard for no reason. He really is a fun kid to be around.

3 comments:

Tallie, Aaron, Sterling, Avalon, Truman and Quin said...

Okay, some how I missed something reading your blogs. What is going on with Dayton? Your kids are adorable. I hope Sterling is that excited to start school next year.

ede said...

Cute Dayton
I miss him!!!

jennifer said...

Love all the photos and the update! Hugs and Kisses to all!!