Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hunter's birthday and the weeks happenings

So, Hunter must have been excited for his birthday because bright and early at 5:45 he was up and ready to attack the presents. I think he figured out during Madde's birthday that something fun was under the wrappings. I held him off til 6 when we woke up everyone and started the celebration. My brain was struggling with the time, so I forgot to get the camera out til long after the presents were open and they were playing.

I'm particularly impressed with the shooting form he's displaying. Too bad genetics is working against him in the height category.
We took a page out of the Streiff family tradition and made a 2 out of Rice Krispie Treats. Hunter was facinated by the candles, but only wanted to touch them. It was Madde who finally had to blow them out. Fun with a body pillow!!! No, they are not trying to body smash eachother. They are rolling up in it. I'm constantly amazed at some of the games these kids invent.


Pizza on the rocks. For those that don't know, we have an outdoor patio set and their playground has a bench, so I don't know why they are sitting on the rocks. According the Madde, their "project" was to shovel the rocks from the pile, so maybe they didn't want to abandon their duty.
Brad told me this picture was "blog worthy". He thought it was funny that Madde was riding her bike and talking on a phone. Next stop teenager.

4 comments:

jennifer said...

Love the new photos! Happy Birthday Hunter!! I can't believe how big they are both getting!

Shelly said...

I'm glad Hunter had such a fun day!!

ede said...

sounds like an ideal birthday.
Photos are excellent.
Madde gets more and more beautiful each week.
Hunter's hair looks really curly. Is it as much as it looks in the photos? He really does have good basketball form!!!!

Keith and Nicci said...

I'm loving the rice krispy (sp?) treat idea - much easier than a cake! Happy birthday (belated) Hunter!