Hunter had the worst week of everyone. A few days ago he fell face first into a door jam. It resulted in a pretty big goose egg which turned into a nasty looking bruise. Of course it's in plain site on the middle of his forehead so he gets lots of sympathy. (I'll try to remember to post pictures)
Then, yesterday he had a doctor's appointment. The thing that made him most upset was getting on the scale. Some days I just don't understand my kids. They are so funny. He wasn't too thrilled to have to lie down on the bed to get his height measured, but since he wouldn't stand on the scale that left the nurse little choice. Once the nurse left the room he warmed right up to the table. (Of course) Him and Madde did enjoy entertaining themselves by dancing and then falling onto the floor. (Gross) According to the doctor he's a healthy little kid and everything was great. For those who care, he weighs 24 lbs (we think - see above), 35 inches tall, and has a 29 in diameter head. I haven't looked up to see where that puts him statistically. He must have a big head cause the doctor was sure that couldn't possibly be right and remeasured. I just tell everyone they have to have some place to put those large brains. :)
Then last night he was up throwing up. The most tramatic moment was when he threw up all over his dog and blanket and we had to wash it. He cried "doggy, doggy" for a good 20 minutes until I turned on Baby Einstein and let him watch it while his dog and blanket were washed. He was pretty excited to watch TV at 2 in the morning. I just hope he doesn't expect that kind of treatment tonight. I think its food poisoning, but he threw up breakfast this morning too. That or its the 8 hour flu. He seemed to be feeling much better today, so hopefully he's over it.
I was planning on taking his bottle away this week and moving him to a bed. After everything that happened I decided to wait a little on that. We did move a twin bed in his room and so far he loves to pretend to sleep and then jump up and down. I'm hoping that might make an easier transition to be so familiar with it. We'll see.
FYI - The rest of us had a pretty standard week.
5 comments:
When Kaci went for her 3 year check up she hated the scale too. Conner was one and was freaking out that we were at the dr. So I ended up being weighed holding Conner and then weighed again holding Kaci and Conner to get Kaci's weight. Not so good on the self esteem meter knowing Conner hardly weighs anything but atleast we got her weight. The height was a different story. According to what they got she shrunk 2 inches. So much for accurate measurements. She survived and is 7 so don't worry about Hunter.
Oh no so sorry!! We have had a few of those weeks our selves! Trevor always hated sitting on the scale too.
Oh man... so sorry to hear about the trials of poor Hunter. I hope no one else gets his tummy ache..
Poor Hunter! What a week!! :( It looked like he was doing good at church today. Lots of cute smiles! Even though we see you guys all the time, it's always fun to read your blog! :)
Poor little guy! :( And the poor doggy for getting thrown up on! :(
Glad he is feeling better!! XOXO
Post a Comment