Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3 months later

So, I'm not dead. I know some of you were wondering. I've actually sat down to update our blog several times only to be needed as a Mom, have my internet freeze, or have some other distraction pop up (it doesn't take much now a days). Mostly it's been my inability to focus that has really done me in. We did so much at Christmas that the thought of blogging it was so overwhelming to me - lets just refer to that as Pregnancy Brain. It gets worse with "Young infant brain", so expect it to get worse before it gets better.
So, here is the quick run-down on our life. We took a two week trip at Christmas and it was awesome. We got to see both sets of Grandmas and Grandpas along with all of our siblings, their spouses and children and even a few other distant relatives. We spent Christmas with the Streiffs and loved it. Then we attended the Woffinden family reunion. I have to give a great shout out to my Dad for planning it. We had so much fun. Maybe if I ever run out of things to blog, I'll give more details (or pictures), but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Our kids got so used to having kids to play with and Mom and Dad there at their beck-and-call, that the first week home was a bit rough. Madde also decided about that time that it would be a good time to push boundaries, so we have spent quite a bit of time in time-out. Oh joys!!!! My pregnancy is getting better with only a few scares (you'll have to call if you want details), but the doctors say everything is fine. I personally am feeling much better and am so grateful for that. I spent most of January and February just getting my house and life in general back in order.
We have enjoyed several weeks with 70 degree whether and are so excited to finally get out of the house. We've been to the Zoo, Aquarium, and of couse the park. I'm also so glad to have a playset in our back yard, the kids have been out there almost everyday. Sun, glorious sun, we love it. Of course, I have no pictures of any of those, so for those who made it through this post, here's a few updated pictures.
The kids love using Brad as a jungle gym (or horse, when he's up to it). Look at how buff he is, thats alot of weight he's getting off the ground.
This is the only other picture on my camera (sad, I know). They have recently rediscovered playdoh and love it. Madde's finally learned to make things with it. Hunter just like to break his in little balls and put them in something.


4 comments:

Shannon said...

We miss you guys. Happy Spring. Enjoy all your outside time. Love you!

jennifer said...

So happy to have update!! Glad you are feeling better!!

Hugs and kisses to all!

ede said...

Oh how wonderful to hear from you.
The pictures are great.

Shelly said...

Glad you are alive and well. Trevor asks all the time when we are going to see Madde and the big Balloons!