Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Birthday Season

Spring is the season for birthdays at our house. Madde got to celebrate her's twice. Once on her real birthday and once with Grandma and Grandpa. This is the first year Madde understood birthday's and she walked around all day saying "It's my birthday". Madde asked for a cow cake this year. So we saved that creation for our party with Grandma and Grandpa. It looks more like a sheep with some horrible disease. Either way, chocolate chips on your cake is cool, so who cares what animal it is. We were almost lame parents this year and just about skipped the cake for Hunter's birthday, but at the last minute we figured we better do something. We did do cupcakes. We even went so far as to frost them with sprinkles. I know, over-acheiver. Hunter did manage a few tiny bites, but smashing and throwing cake is way more fun.
Hunter got a firetruck for his birthday - the perfect gift. He's more interested in walking behind it, which left Madde free to ride it. If only they could share all there toys this way.
Yep, Hunter thinks it was a pretty great birthday.

4 comments:

Baby Oven said...

I LOVE the photos. I still can't believe that every time you guys post something your kids look so much bigger. I am glad you survived birthday season. Now you can store up the energy for next year. Can't wait to see you all!
Love ya!

Baby Oven said...

By the way, apparently Matt changed my screen name but this is Christie. :)

ede said...

I love Hunters toothy grin.
I love Hunter.

Shannon said...

Hi Mer-

I can't believe how big Hunter is. He's changed so much. Good thing you're coming to visit soon. Thanks for posting the pictures. I thought about Hunter all day on the 7th, but obviously not enough to pick up the phone and call. What a great sister/aunt I am! Have a great one! Happy Mother's Day!

Shan
PS- Christie- love the new screen name. What does it change to in August?