Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween and Fall Fun

So, I set a goal to post once a week and then promptly went 3 weeks without posting.  Oh well, here's hoping for next week.

Halloween was anxiously anticipated at our house.  My kids are finally at the age where they get the concept of free candy and are over the nervousness of actually knocking on a door, so now its alot of fun.  This year I got to take the kids trick or treating (a first since they've been walking) while Brad stayed home with Dayton and passed out candy.  I have to admit, it was fun.  I met a few neighbors, bonded with the other parents, and even ate a few pieces of candy.  Good times. I even remembered to take a picture this year (its happened about as often as I've taken the kids trick or treating - I'm feeling very proud of myself).

 Dayton particularly liked his outfit since he had 4 legs to chew on within arms reach. 
 Dayton has taken a liking to our piano.  He loves to "play" ie bang on it.  I think with his sensory issues, he likes the immediate feedback.  When he sees it, he will lunge for it. 
 Brad celebrated his 37th birthday.  I remember when I was little and thought 40 was near death.  Oh how my perspective has changed. This year Madde got Brad the board game "Mouse trap" and Hunter got him a soccer ball.  And they both have loved playing with them ever since :)  We definitely think Brads the greatest around here and hope he had a great birthday.
 Every year the scouts in our ward go camping in November and call it the Turkey campout.  It's a huge tradition, but this year they opened it up to girls (after sterilizing the cooties - hehe).  This is the first time Brad's had the weekend off, so he took Madde and Hunter.  Of course the day before the campout, the temperature dropped 20 degrees.  Brad decided to sleep everyone in the van and we sent tons of warm clothes.  From what I heard, a good time were had by all.  Madde and Hunter were up so early, Brad kept them quiet with their Ipods.
 It's called the Turkey campout because for lunch they make a full Thanksgiving dinner boy scout style. They create their own ovens by putting stacks of charcoal and wrapping tin foil around it then hanging the turkey in the middle. Its quite the setup.  My kids of course wouldn't touch the food, but had a blast running around with the other kids. 
We have started the Christmas music and are really excited for the holidays.  Celebrate with us by popping in the Chipmunks Christmas and laughing hysterically everytime Dave yells "Alvin".  Its a favorite around here.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Fun!! Can't wait to see you guys is a couple of weeks :)

ede said...

great photos and update.
sorry it took me so long to view the blog