Saturday, December 13, 2008

Announcment, Thanksgiving, and stuff

How do you begin a blog when it's been over a month? There's a good reason. See, we are expecting again and for whatever reason, this pregnancy has hit me really hard. Most of November has seen me lying on a couch. Brad has been amazing as he's picked up the slack. Most days consist of me waiting til 8 so that I could make him get up to take care of the kids, so I could head back to bed. After a nap, usually I'd ask him to make breakfast (smells nauseate me), then I'd try to help with the kids before I had to lie down. Brad usually left for work (about 2) with me barely coherent on the couch. Madde and Hunter have been troopers. Madde has been so good to take Hunter and those two will play together for hours. And Hunter is just happy to give me a smile anytime I'd look up. I think I am the most blessed person to have such an great family. I'm happy now to report that things are looking up and I'm so excited in time for Christmas. The kids have even managed to help me make Christmas cookies. There's just something about a Christmas tree, cold weather, and cookies.

Madde and Hunter watching a movie on the portable DVD player. Thats usually my spot on the couch. My parents were lifesavers and came in town for Thanksgiving. My Mom cooked the entire meal and my Dad was at Madde and Hunter's beck and call. They spent alot of time outside, something they love and I haven't been able to do. Grandpa even squeezed in time to make them a video, which they love to watch. We are so grateful for them and Madde's mentioned several times she missed Grandma and Grandpa. This is my parents helping Madde play chopsticks. We are dorks (I have an excuse), this is the only picture we got.
This picture cracks me up. Brad got an MP3 player for his birthday. Madde loves to listen to it, but the headphones are too big for her. She has to put a towel on to keep them up.


I can't remember if I posted this photo, but chances are good that I haven't. I'm a little bummed it's not quite in focus. Madde and Hunter love to play inside there tunnels. They would duck down and then pop up and giggle at each other. Then they just take off running with the tunnels. It looks like a clown outfit. Cute, fun kids.





5 comments:

jennifer said...

So glad to hear that you are starting to feel better! Can't wait to see you!

Shelly said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!! Trevor is so excited to see Madde!!

Doreen said...

Sorry you've been feeling so terrible, but glad you're getting better! My pregnancies got worse with each one. With Elly, I could have spent all day on the couch and still felt tired... Pretty much throughout the whole pregnancy. Glad you'll hopefully be able to enjoy Christmas, though! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

ede said...

So glad you are feeling better.
We will try to give you some nap time here in California.
Can't wait to see you.

Kristi said...

That's because you have to be thirty and pregnant this time. Did you know that the moment we turn thirty our bodies begin deteriorating. Lovely thought, isn't it?! That just means we can skip the gym from now on since it won't do us any good anyway!